Introduction and aim
Hobday Ltd is a small business supplying shop fittings and sign equipment, operating from a site in Birmingham. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, manufacturing and packaging. Hobday Ltd is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
We aim to:
- reduce consumption
- attempt to recycle and re-use materials
- dispose of waste safely
- inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
- Explore alternatives
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- inform all customers and suppliers about our environmental policy
- ensure all employees receive training in good housekeeping
- source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact on both production and distribution
- meet and exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company